Arthritis is a type of joint inflammation. It can affect one or more joints. Arthritis can be the cause of joint pain. Arthritis, which is called the disease of old age, is now happening to people in their youth.
Nowadays, due to changing lifestyles and irregular diets, arthritis has become a common problem, not only the elderly but also young people are falling prey to it. Arthritis is more common in women than in men and in people who are overweight. It can affect multiple joints. The symptoms of arthritis usually develop over time, but if you think about it, the symptoms of arthritis can also appear suddenly. You can first recognize it only when you have complete information about its symptoms and it.
CAUSES OF ARTHRITIS
When you walk, cartilage protects and puts stress on the joints by holding back pressure and shock. If the normal amount of cartilage tissue is not present or is reduced, then the person is at high risk of developing any type of arthritis. Its problem in women is due to the lack of estrogen in the body and thyroid.
SYMPTOMS OF ARTHRITIS
When these 9 symptoms appear, see the doctor immediately
- Joint pain.
- Stiffness and swelling.
- Redness of affected area.
- Sudden pain in the knee or other joint.
- Persistent pain in the neck and below the waist.
- Joint pain or tenderness (pain or pressure) that worsens with movement, such as when walking, getting up from a chair, writing, typing, holding an object, cutting vegetables, etc.
- Inflammation is characterized by swelling, stiffness, redness, and/or warmth of the joints.
- Stiffness especially in the morning
- Decreased joint flexibility
- Not able to move the joints much
- Deformity of joints
- Feeling of warmth around the joints.
- Limited use of the joint.
- Weight loss and fatigue
- Nonspecific fever
- Rattle (sound in arthritic joints when walking)
TYPES OF ARTHRITIS
- Osteoarthritis: Although many types of arthritis can be seen with age, it is the most common type of arthritis which can make anyone a victim very quickly.
- Infectious Arthritis: This is a different type of Infectious Arthritis that is capable of spreading from one part to another.
- Juvenile Arthritis: Juvenile Arthritis is the type of arthritis that affects children. This type is seen only in children, its treatment is quite easy and helps in quick recovery.
- Gout: When there is an excess buildup of uric acid inside the body, it leads to gout. It usually occurs in the toes. Arthritis cannot be cured but there are many treatments available that can relieve the pain easily.
WHAT HAPPENS IN ARTHRITIS?
In any form of arthritis, swelling starts appearing in the joints. Due to this inflammation, there is pain, stiffness, and swelling in the joints. As the disease progresses, it becomes difficult to walk or move. Its effect usually occurs in the bones of the knees, buttocks, fingers, and spinal cord, after that it affects the wrists, elbows, and other parts.
Its effect usually occurs in the bones of the knees, buttocks, fingers, and spinal cord, after that it is also visible in the joints of the wrists, elbows, shoulders, and ankles.
Due to lack of estrogen in women, excess iron and calcium in the body, lack of nutrition, obesity, drinking too much alcohol, high blood pressure, and kidney failure. All these causes can lead to arthritis
The body becomes hot. There is also a red rash and there is a complaint of burning. Swelling is also common in this disease wherever there is a pain in the joints. In the morning, you will not feel like getting out of bed at all, your hands and feet will be so stiff that it will take 15-20 minutes for them to become normal.
In the beginning, the patient will have a frequent fever, muscle pain, always feeling tired and broken, appetite will decrease and weight will also start decreasing.
HOW IS ARTHRITIS DIAGNOSED
If you are seeing all the symptoms related to it, then you should immediately contact the doctor and get the investigation related to it done. During your examination, it will be possible to know what type of arthritis you have so that the doctor can treat you in an easy way and as soon as possible. Doctors usually use imaging scans such as X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans to create an image of your bones and cartilage. This is so they can work on other causes of your symptoms, such as bone spurs.
PREVENTION OF ARTHRITIS
- Exercise should be done regularly.
- Always consider yourself an active lifestyle.
- Eat a diet rich in all nutrients.
- Don’t let your weight gain too much.
TREATMENT OF ARTHRITIS
Generally, Arthritis is considered to be an incurable disease and due to this reason, people suffering from it are not able to get their treatment properly.
But, if they had known that arthritis, like any other disease, is also treatable, which they can do with these 5 methods, they might have lived a better life-
- Taking medicine– This is the easiest way of arthritis, in which some medicine is given to the person. These medicines prove to be helpful in reducing the pain of arthritis as well as in increasing it.
- Taking Physiotherapy– Sometimes arthritis can also be treated by physiotherapy. Through physiotherapy, an attempt is made to repair the muscles of the body.
- Doing Yoga– Yoga can also prove to be an effective remedy in the treatment of arthritis.
- Getting X-rays– Sometimes doctors also treat arthritis by X-rays. Through this, they treat arthritis by taking an internal picture of the human body.
- Knee operation– When arthritis cannot be treated in any way, then doctors operate on the knees.
MANAGEMENT OF ARTHRITIS
Treatment is done to remove the causes of rheumatoid arthritis and to correct the local condition of arthritis. Apart from these, it is very important for the patient to take complete physical and mental relaxation, nutritious diet, sun exposure, light massage, and physical therapy.
- With judicious management and effective treatment of arthritis, one can lead a good life.
- Arthritis can be monitored with the help of blood tests and X-rays.
- Take medicines regularly as per the doctor’s advice.
- Control body weight.
- Eat healthy food.
- Do the regular exercise as per the instructions given by the doctor.
- Take regular exercise and adopt stress-free living techniques, take proper rest, stay free from stress by completing your tasks in a planned manner.
- In the use of medicines, yoga and other alternative disease treatments in supplement form have been scientifically documented.
- Pain killer tablets may be used to reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, this medicine reduces your pain and swelling, and stiffness of joints.
- Work out
- Strong muscles are needed to keep the bones of the feet in proper alignment and to reduce the weight that falls on them. Strong muscles can be built through exercise. It is necessary to exercise at least 3 times a week.
- Take a balanced and digestible diet. Eat bread made of bran flour and peeled moong dal. In green vegetables, eat horseradish, cucumber, gourd, luffa, cabbage, carrot, etc. Consume milk and its products.
FAQ ABOUT ARTHRITIS
Q1. Is Arthritis Curable?
Ans– Yes, Arthritis is curable, which can be done by medicines, exercises, operations, etc.
Q2. What are the early signs of Arthritis?
Ans– The early signs of Arthritis include stiffness in the joints, swelling of the joints, redness of the knee area, etc.
Q3. Can arthritis cause cancer?
Ans– Yes, Arthritis can cause cancer.
If it is not treated, it can damage the bone, which increases the chances of tumors to a great extent.
Q4. What can be the consequences of incurable arthritis?
Ans– The result of arthritis being incurable can be very dangerous.
People suffering from this may have to face the risks of joint damage, infection, chest pain, damage to other body parts, etc.
Q5. Can a person die from arthritis?
Ans– However, Arthritis is a very dangerous disease, due to which people can face many problems.
Despite this, the chances of death of a person are very less.
If you or anyone you know is suffering from arthritis pain, call us today at (469) 545-9983 to book an appointment with our expert doctors.