WHY DOES RIB PAIN HURT IN PREGNANCY, KNOW THE REASON AND TREATMENT
As soon as a woman becomes pregnant, many physical changes start taking place in her. Along with these changes, he also has to go through many types of physical problems. One of these problems is round ligament pain, which usually bothers every pregnant woman. She often complains about it to her doctor and also gets treatment. Apart from this, many women are also concerned about the safety of their baby due to round ligament pain in pregnancy. Hence, we will discuss the topic of round ligament pain in pregnancy in detail in this article
During pregnancy, women have to face many symptoms and problems. One of these is pain in the round ligament pain.Round ligament pain can occur for different reasons in each trimester of pregnancy.
ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN
In most cases, round ligament pain does not cause any harm. Pain and cramps are often felt around the round ligament as the fetus grows in the uterus. It is very rare when there is pain in the round ligament due to any health problem, so it is important that you do not ignore its signs.
Here we will Know What are the Causes of Round Ligament Pain in Pregnancy
Common causes of round ligament pain in pregnancy The problem of round ligament pain is certainly very troublesome in pregnancy. In such a situation, it is important to know about the reasons behind it.
ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN CAUSES
Round ligament pain occurs for different reasons in each trimester of pregnancy. In the last months of pregnancy and the third trimester of pregnancy, the uterus begins to expand upwards to provide enough space for the baby. As the size of the fetus increases, pressure on the ribs may begin to take place.
The weight of the baby also affects the surrounding muscles of the abdomen, which puts pressure on the muscles of the round ligament and starts muscle pain.
Pregnant women often complain of round ligament pain. The pair of fibrous tissue cords connecting the groin area to the front part of the uterus is called the round ligament. As the uterus enlarges during pregnancy, the round ligament can also be put under pressure and there can be severe pain when walking in it.
Round ligament pain can happen at any time during the second trimester of pregnancy. In this, pain can be felt in the ribs, waist and pelvis.
- Round ligament pain: to stretch. This mostly happens in the second trimester. Usually, this pain can be sharp when moving (1), but if the pain is unbearable, then the doctor should be contacted immediately.
- Gas and Constipation: Due to the increase of progesterone hormone in pregnancy, the digestive system starts to weaken, due to which there may be problems of gas and constipation. This also causes stomach pain. To get relief from this, you should eat fiber-rich food and drink more and more water.
- Braxton Hicks contractions: This occurs mostly in the second and third trimesters, due to a feeling of contraction in the abdomen. This contraction can last from 30 seconds to a minute
- Enlarged uterus: The growing uterus can also cause abdominal pain during pregnancy. Due to this there may also be a problem like nausea
- Pain during orgasm: Abdominal pain can also occur due to reaching orgasm during intercourse in pregnancy. This is not a cause for concern, as a very mild pain is felt during this time.
Apart from this, kidney stones, stomach virus, uterine fibroids or any kind of food sensitivity can also cause abdominal pain..
SERIOUS CAUSES OF ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN IN PREGNANCY
In this stage, the embryo attaches itself to the fallopian tube instead of the uterus. Women who have this often have abdominal pain.
Stones and round ligament pain
Pregnant women are at a higher risk of stones. Stones are formed due to the increase in estrogen levels and the inability to empty the bladder completely. According to a study, about 12 percent of women suffer from the problem of stones. It may or may not show symptoms. In this, there is a sharp pain in the upper right side of the abdomen. Stones can occur at any time during pregnancy. Some women may have to undergo surgery to remove the stones after pregnancy.
Urinary tract infections and round ligament pain
There is a risk of UTI during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester of pregnancy. The bacteria present in the urinary tract can change during pregnancy and the pressure of the fetus on it can make it difficult to urinate. If left untreated, kidney pain can occur, which may feel like round ligament pain. If you have a burning sensation while urinating, frequent urination, decreased amount of urine, fever or chills, and pain around the bladder or kidney, then definitely see a doctor.
Other reasons of round ligament pain
Apart from this, preeclampsia, HELLP syndrome can cause round ligament pain in the second trimester of pregnancy. Constipation and heartburn can also cause pain in the round ligament.
WHEN CAN ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN DURING PREGNANCY BECOME A MATTER OF CONCERN?
Let us first know that having a stomach ache is not a serious matter.
Round ligament pain is normal in pregnancy. The problem of abdominal pain and cramps in the first trimester, second trimester and third trimester persists for the pregnant, but there can be different reasons behind the round ligament pain that occurs during each trimester. While constipation and rapid blood flow can cause abdominal pain in the first trimester, round ligament pain due to Braxton Hicks contractions can occur in the second and third trimesters.
If your pregnancy is going well then it is normal to have slight abdominal pain, cramps and cramps, but if this pain is severe and unbearable, then a doctor should be contacted.
Let us now know how many types of pain there can be in the stomach due to Round Ligament Pain.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN DURING PREGNANCY
During pregnancy, you may experience round ligament pain in many places. Sometimes this pain can be sharp, sometimes mild. Sometimes the pressure of the organs present in the body can also cause abdominal pain.
Below we are talking about these types of stomach pain.
- Pain in the upper part of the abdomen: This can be a pain between the lower part of the ribs and the navel.
- Pain on the left side of the upper abdomen: This is a pain that occurs between the lower part of the ribs and the navel, such as the spleen, the end of the pancreas, the lower ribs on the left side, the left kidney, the large intestine and a part of the stomach, etc. .
- Pain in the right side of the upper abdomen: This is a pain from the right nipple to the navel. On this side there are organs like liver, lower part of lungs, kidney, due to which sometimes this pain can occur.
- Pain in the lower abdomen : This is a pain that occurs below the navel. This pain can be due to some medical problem.
- Pain on the left side of the lower abdomen: This is more common than pain in the lower right side. The reason for this can be the structure of the lower part of the kidney, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and bladder.
- Pain in the right side of the lower abdomen: This can be a pain in the lower right side of the abdomen. This pain can be mild as well as sharp. This pain can sometimes spread to the left side or even the back side.
ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN TREATMENT
The pain that arises in the round ligament pain, when the baby is kicks or pressure is applied cannot be ignored.
- In such a situation, the help of hot water bath and pain relief medicines can be taken.
- Mild exercise can also relieve pain.
- Its treatment depends on the cause of round ligament pain.
- For example, if a woman has round ligament pain due to a UTI, she will be given antibiotics.
- If there is a stone, the stone will be removed by surgery after delivery.