WHAT IS PSYCHOLOGY?
Psychology is the scientific look at thoughts and behavior, as per the American Psychological Association. Psychology is a multifaceted field and includes many sub-fields of study such as human development, sports activities, health, medical, social and cultural behavior with people and cognitive procedure.
Psychology consists of studying the conscious and unconscious phenomena, and also emotional thoughts. It is an informative field of huge scope. There are many Psychologists who seek to understand the emergent properties of brains, linking the area to neuroscience.
Psychology is the scientific process to identify how individuals behave, think and experience. Psychologists always observe the human experience from the simple workings of the human brain to awareness, memory, reasoning and language to their personality and also intellectual health. There are various kinds of psychology, which includes cognitive, forensic, social, and developmental psychology.
WHAT EXACTLY DO PSYCHOLOGISTS DO?
Psychologists are the one who are seeking to understand and provide an explanation for the brain, emotions, feelings, and behavior. Clinical psychologists assess, diagnose, and treat mental disorders, emotional, and behavioral issues.
Psychologists need essential thinking to draw correct conclusions from research, decide which treatment would be best and make accurate diagnosis of Psychological disorders, determine the productive treatment, and solve many issues.
Psychologists try their best to enhance critical thinking in a patient. Clinical psychologists help patients deal with Psychological disorders which can be short term to severe, long term conditions.
TYPES OF PSYCHOLOGY:
- Biological Psychology- Biological psychology is referred to as physiological psychology or behavioral neuroscience, It is the process of studying the physiological bases of behaviour. Other regions of study also consist of physiological bases for emotion, learning behavior, cognition, and mental problems.
- Learning (Behavioral) Psychology- Behavioral psychology, is a theory of studying which states all behaviors which are basically found out through an interaction between people who communicate with each other. This is to understand the behavior pattern of people in certain situations.
- Cognitive Psychology- Cognitive psychology is the scientific process of studying the internal mental procedures or the brain’s capacity to think, understand, plan, analyze, and consider.
- Social-Cultural Psychology- It explores an idea of various ways to know how individuals think, behave and relate to every other in a social and cultural form.
- Psychodynamic Psychology- It proposes that there are many psychological forces which check on human behaviour, feelings, and emotional attachment. It is used to deal with issues like depression and other severe psychological problems, especially in the ones who have lost interest in their lives.
- Humanistic Psychology- In humanistic psychology, human motives are not visible as repressed. It is a psychological attitude that emphasizes studying the entire character, behavior of a particular person.
- Evolutionary Psychology- Evolutionary psychology is a technique for studying psychology.It offers an idea of how an individual’s thoughts came and how it is built.
- Anxiety Disorders- Anxiety Disorders are considered as mental health conditions which include panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder. Anxiety Disorder Symptoms consist of Difficulty sleeping, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Feelings of nervousness, fear, panic, fear, unease, Muscle tightness,and Nausea.
- Mood Disorders- Sometimes our emotions and moods depend upon the experience we get. Mood Disorders means when you cannot control your moods and how you behave in certain situations and where things are out of your control and you behave weird then yes you may have a mood disorder. It can occur in anyone.
- Psychotic Disorders- Psychotic disorders are extreme mental health conditions which includes schizophrenia, schizoaffective sickness, schizophreniform disorder and so forth.
- Dementia- Dementia is a decline in memory and other mental capabilities. Dementia is considered to have certain signs that may include memory issues and difficulty remembering thinking problems or language.
- Eating Issues- Eating disorders are bizarre in nature because it can threaten your health or your life which includes anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating.
- Emotional Disorders-Emotional problems frequently arise in a person who is extremely emotional and sensitive in nature. The signs include major depression, generalized tension ailment (GAD), posttraumatic strain sickness (PTSD), panic disease.
- Bipolar Affective Sickness- Bipolar sickness is also mainly considered as manic depression. It is a type of mental illness which basically occured and can cause dramatic shifts in a person’s temper, energy and potential to think in certain situations.
- Depression- It is an important depressive disorder which can be referred as a mood disorder that makes you experience steady disappointment or lack of interest to do anything.
- Dissociation And Dissociative Issues- Dissociation and dissociative issues are situations that contain disruptions or breakdowns of memory, focus, identification, or belief. It can occur unexpectedly or regularly and can last for a short time.
- Obsessive Compulsive Ailment- Obsessive compulsive ailment (OCD) is a mental health sickness that affects people of every age. It is a condition that is generally found in children who have unwanted thoughts, emotions, and fears.
- Paranoia- Paranoia is a disorder which is predominantly characterised by using an intense, but irrational distrust and suspicion of others. Paranoia is a perception that one is under threat and can cause a risk to life.
TYPES OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TREATMENT:-
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Dialectical behaviour therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Mentalisation-based therapy
PSYCHOTHERAPY AND COUNSELING :-
Psychotherapy is also known as talk therapy because it assists people with a wide difference of mental illnesses and emotional difficulties. It utilised psychological methods. Psychotherapy is given by clinical practitioners, social workers, mental health counselors, pastoral counselors, and nurses as these people are specialised in handling mental disorders.Psychotherapy is one of the best therapy to deal with psychological disorders and considered as longer-term treatment. Counselling generally refers to a quick consultation in which Psychologists help people to solve their emotional, social, personal problems.
PSYCHOLOGICAL TREATMENT :-
Psychological treatment generally consists of education, reassurance, teaching to reduce the anxiety and other psychological disorders.It includes cognitive-behavioral therapy which is basically helps to target and adjust cognitive biases and misattribution.Psychotherapy also can be beneficial in identifying psychosocial elements contributing to symptom presentation and the teaching of unique coping abilities for coping with psychosocial stress.
Most commonly, they use psychotherapy therapy which we have earlier discussed. There are many other treatment options available to deal with psychological disorders, but firstly psychologists will sit with a patient to discover the various approaches to address the issue or a problem a person is going through and that fits the affected person’s traits and possibilities.
OTHER TREATMENTS FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS ARE:-
- Anti-Anxiety medicines.
- Antidepressant medications to improve moods
- Antipsychotic medications to deal with disordered thinking patterns and changed perceptions.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy to work on idea patterns and people’s behavior.
If you or anyone you know is suffering from psychological disorders, our expert providers at Specialty Care Clinics will take care of your health and help you recover.