DEFINITION OF SLEEP DIFFICULTY
Sleeping difficulty means difficulty in falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep, or waking up too early. Low quality sleep and a lack of sleep both can negatively affect a person’s health.
CAUSES OF SLEEPING DIFFICULTIES
- Sleeping Habits :- Bad Sleeping habits can cause Sleeping Disorder. It includes sleeping too much during the day time and too much stimulation before bed time (such as watching television,exercising or playing video games).
- Medical Conditions :- Several serious health conditions, such as stroke, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, HIV and end-stage renal disease , may result in sleeping problems. Some types of medical conditions can cause sleep disorders. Such as, patients with central sleep apnea stop breathing during sleep.
- Lifestyle Choices :- Sometimes Lifestyle choices also cause sleeping difficulties such as consuming too much caffeine, lack of exposure to sunlight, frequent urination, physical pain, jet lag, noise disturbances, an uncomfortable bedroom, or a feeling of excitement and some prescription medications may also lead to difficulty sleeping.
- Ageing :- Ageing is also a major cause of sleep difficulty. Your sleep is different than it used to be when you were younger. It happens to many people.
Nearly half of the men and women over the age of 70 say they have at least one sleep problem. With age, many people get insomnia or have other sleeping disorders.It’s true that as we get older, our sleep pattern changes. In general, old aged people sleep less, wake up and go back to sleep more often, and spend less time in deep sleep or dreaming than younger people.
For many people, stress, worry, depression, or work schedules may also affect their sleep. For others, sleep issues are due to a sleep disorder such as Insomnia, restless legs syndrome and sleep apnea.
Some causes are minor and can be improved with self-care, while others may require you to seek medical attention.
DIAGNOSTIC TECHNIQUES :-
You should consult a doctor if your sleeping difficulties are ongoing and affecting your quality of life. They’ll attempt to find the underlying cause of your sleeplessness by conducting a physical examination and asking questions about your sleep pattern. You can connect to a physician in your area or you can also connect to us here.
During appointment, be sure to tell your doctor about any prescription medications, over-the-counter products, and herbal supplements that you take. Some medications and supplements can cause overstimulation and can disrupt our sleep if taken too close to bedtime.
You should also mention if you’re experiencing other problems, such as anxiety, depression, or chronic pain. These factors may also affect our ability to sleep.
To determine the cause of sleeplessness, our doctor may recommend that you should keep a sleep diary.
TREATMENT OF SLEEPING DISORDER :-
- Treatment for your sleeplessness depends on its cause. In some cases,simple lifestyle or at-home remedies changes can improve the quality of your sleep. You should avoid caffeine and alcohol for at least a few or more hours before bedtime.
- Limit any daytime napping to 20 minutes or none at all if possible. Keep your bedroom cool and dark.
Sleep difficulty diagnosis
- Avoid stimulating activities before bedtime, and allow seven to eight hours of sleeping. Taking a hot bath and listening to soothing music before bedtime may also help. Keep a regular sleep schedule.
- You may also purchase some sleep aids without any prescription. However,if you don’t get a full seven or eight hours of sleep, sleep aids can cause daytime drowsiness. Also, do not use these products frequently , as it may lead to a dependency.
Always remember to read the directions closely and take the medication as directed on it.
In our lives we have the necessity of sleeping. Our bodies require this sleep to be able to function to our full potential. It’s important for us to understand the significance of making sure we get sleep, especially the right kind of sleeping. Although there are people in society that don’t fully understand the truest nature of sleep.There are many whose sleep patterns do not follow that which is required. People experience sleeping disorders, causing a difficulty with acquiring the needed amount of sleep. Preventing oneself from receiving the proper amount of rest will inhibit his/her full ability in the work environment. It is also important to understand that sleep patterns become a habit, creating an automatic time clock in our heads, so as to be a repeated aspect of our lives. Sleep is natural to our bodies, it’s important to make sure that our bodies receive the proper strength, so that others as well as ourselves, won’t be limited or affected by not understanding the importance of sleeping and its impact on society. A healthy body is a happy and joyful body.