ROLE OF A HEALTHY DIET IN WEIGHT LOSS
We at Specialty Care Clinic are completely aware of the problem of being overweight and also its related diseases like diabetes, obesity, heart disease, stroke, and many more. So, along with our medications, we also provide a healthy diet chart for you to follow to get desired results.
As we know the saying, “We Are What We Eat”, hence a nutritional meal plays a vital role in a healthy lifestyle and we can achieve so much just by making the right choices about the food we consume.
HOW DOES A GOOD DIET HELP IN WEIGHT LOSS?
A good diet is that which contains proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, and good fat. There are plenty of options in the market for you to consume but the problem lies here that all of these do not hold nutritional value. So, to avoid any food-related problem one should always include nutritious food in their diet to lead a healthy life.
Some points to follow to lose weight
- Avoid skipping breakfast– if you skip breakfast then you also skip important nutrition which decides our energy flow throughout the day and also this can lead to unnecessary cravings.
- Eating regular meals– when we take regular meals it enriches our body with important nutrition and also stops the temptation. Also, it helps in burning calories.
- Including greens and some fruits– they provide high fiber, and minerals, and give energy. Does not contain fat.
- Having plenty of water– to reduce unwanted thirst we should always have plenty of water which in turn decreases our want for soda drinks.
- Pre-plan your meal– it discourages the intake of extra calories.
- No alcohol– cause it is going to add extra unrequired calories.
- Take a small plate rather than a big one– allows you to feel less hungry often and slowly develops the need for less hunger.
- Avoid high salt in packed items– otherwise, it will eventually add on some extra pounds to the weight and more salt causes blood pressure too.
WHAT ARE THE FOODS TO EAT FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Well, there are a variety of options available in the market if one chose to eat healthily. Some of them are, we can list here
- Eating Greens – This includes vegetables like spinach, lettuce, broccoli, cucumber, guards, etc. These foods are super rich in fibers and other minerals like iron.
- Including some Nuts and Seeds – Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, cashew nuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. are great sources of protein, fiber, fat, vitamins, and minerals. It builds a good immune system.
- Citrus Foods – Fruits containing citrus are low in calories and help in weight loss.
- Legumes – These are high in fiber, by having legumes in meals makes you fuller for longer and also strengthens the gut area.
- Yogurt – For healthy gut health, protein-rich, and improves digestion.
- Water – Drinking lots of water detoxify the body and also does cleansing the inside.
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES OF FAT?
Fats can be both good and bad. Good fats can be monounsaturated and polyunsaturated and bad fats are all Trans fat mostly present in processed food whereas saturated lie in between both them.
- Monounsaturated Fat – These fats come under dietary fat. They are liquid at room temperature and start solidifying when frozen. These fats are found in nuts, avocados, vegetable oils, etc. These fats reduce harmful cholesterol levels in the blood and prevent heart diseases and stroke
- Polyunsaturated Fat – These fats also come under a type of dietary fat. They can be found in plant foods like nuts, seeds, natural oils, etc same as monounsaturated fats. They also help in reducing bad cholesterol and prevent heart illness and stroke.
- Saturated Fat – They also are dietary fat. They are unhealthy fat. Generally found in solid state at room temperature. Examples are butter, palm, and coconut oils. They shoot up cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Trans Fat – This is the most unhealthy type of fat, also known as trans-fatty acids. They literally shoot up the bad cholesterol level in the blood and decreases good cholesterol too which leads to a major risk of heart disease and is also one of the leading cause of death. Foods under trans fat are fried food like doughnuts, baked food cake, biscuits, frozen pizza, etc.
Ultimately, it’s up to you what we choose to eat. In weight loss diet plays a major role to shed excess pounds. In today’s hectic life we make so many unhealthy choices, so, it is better to start opting good for a healthy future.
We at Specialty Care Clinic assist in your weight loss journey by providing specially customized diet charts along with our medications if patients chose to take them. For any queries related to weight loss, you can contact us at 469-545-9983. We are here to help you.