Pregnancy is a beautiful phase of life, as every woman wishes to go through. The essence of motherhood is best felt during pregnancy. Women are gifted with quality and blessed to give life to a new human being on this earth. During her pregnancy, there can be many health-related issues due to the fluctuation of hormones. Also, let us not forget that carrying a baby in the womb before birth can be tedious for many mothers, which can give rise to a common health-related problem- Backache During Pregnancy.
So, let us help you with this problem of backache, which arises due to many causes of pregnancy. Identifying and treating the cause of backache can help in better diagnosis and relieve the patient. Women must be blessed with this phase of pregnancy at ease, comfortable, and stress-free life. A must-read for every woman who is suffering from backache during pregnancy to have a stress-free atmosphere of“ no- pain” feel during pregnancy.
There are many reasons for this, some of which are responsible for natural changes in the body.
WHY DOES BACK PAIN OCCUR IN PREGNANCY?
Back pain during pregnancy, especially in the early stages, is quite common. Since the ligaments in your body naturally become soft and stretched, you are easily prone to pain. This can range from mild pain, pain caused by specific activities, or intense pain that interferes with your daily routine.
WHAT CAUSES BACK PAIN IN PREGNANT WOMEN?
- Certain hormones released in the body during pregnancy help the uterus increase in size by loosening the joints and ligaments of the pelvic bones attached to the spine.
- In this condition, the joints are not able to support the body as much as they usually are, which can lead to severe back pain.
- As the child grows, the body tends to stretch forward, causing changes in posture to keep the body balanced.
- His change in body posture can lead to lower back pain.
- The extra weight of your baby can put pressure on your back.
Increased stress level
- Pregnancy is a stressful period in which there is pressure on vulnerable areas of the body and muscle tension. This can cause pain in the body, especially in the back.
Pelvic area dilatation
- The concentration of estrogenic hormones increases during pregnancy, causing the pelvic area to expand. As this activity progresses, it can cause severe pain in the lower back and thighs, which can lead to pain when walking.
HOW TO TREAT BACK PAIN IN PREGNANCY?
- Check your posture when you are sitting.
- Keep your body active.
- Sitting in a chair all day puts more pressure on your spine.
- Sit with your back straight, arms supported, and use hard cushions.
- Use the footrest to elevate your feet slightly, and do not cross your legs.
- If you work on your legs, place one foot on a low-height stool and take some pressure off your lower back.
- Avoid lifting heavy loads. If you must lift heavy loads, do so with a wider posture; Bend at the knees, and lift the weight with an emphasis on your arms and legs, not your back.
- Most importantly, control your body weight.
- Wear the right shoes. Experts recommend wearing shoes with a 2-inch heel to keep your body in proper alignment.
- Think happy thoughts. When the mind is calm, there is less stress on your back. Try some prenatal yoga exercises to relax your mind and body.
- Strengthen your abs. Do subtle exercises of hips back and forth and pelvic tilts to strengthen your abdominal muscles (abs), as this strengthens the abdominal muscles that support your back.
- Relax the sore muscles by using cold compresses in 15-minute intervals, then warm compresses.
- Take a hot shower or set the showerhead on a pulsating setting to massage your back.
- Get a massage from a masseuse who knows you are pregnant and is trained in the art of prenatal massage.
- Do exercises under the supervision of a specialist.
DO NOT NEGLECT HEALTHY DURING PREGNANCY – A MUST FOR EVERY MOTHER- TO- BE AND NEWBORN
During pregnancy, it is always advisable to keep everything natural. Suffering from mild back pain during pregnancy is very normal but in case of severe unbearable pain, it is important to consult your orthopedic and specialist who can guide you and help you find out the reason behind the pain. Remember, early intervention is key to the right treatment and cure. Do not neglect the back pain and take the initiative today to restore your healthy functions of the body.
This article is especially for all Mothers-To -Be who must take care of their back. Remember, you need to take care of yourself for a healthy baby. Healthy exercises during pregnancy under a specialist can help a great deal during this pregnancy phase.
Get in touch with Specialty Care Clinics for special treatment and care during your pregnancy. Our experts will take care of your health, and you will be blessed with a healthy baby.