WHAT ARE THE USES OF DUPIXENT?
- Adults and 6 months or older with moderate to severe eczema (atopic dermatitis or AD) that is not adequately controlled by prescription (topical) treatments applied to the skin or cannot use topical treatments for the treatment of children. Dupixent may be used without or with topical corticosteroids. It is not known if Dupixent is safe and effective for children with atopic dermatitis younger than 6 months.
- It is also used with other medicines to prevent wheezing, shortness of breath, cough, and chest tightness caused by certain types of asthma in adults and children over the age of 6 months whose symptoms cannot be controlled with other medicines.
- Treatment of chronic sinusitis with unrelated symptoms in adults with nasal polyps (with or without persistent runny nose, swollen sinuses, and/or nasal congestion, decreased sense of smell, or facial pain and pressure) Therefore Dupilumab is used in combination with other drugs.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis is also treated with Dupilumab in adults and children 12 years of age and older who weigh at least 40 kilograms.
- Dupixent injection belongs to a class of drugs called monoclonal antibodies. It works by stopping the effects of certain substances in the body that cause inflammation.
- Dupixent is prescribed for the treatment of prurigo nodularis (PN) in adults. It is unknown whether Dupixent is safe and effective for children under 18 with pruritus nodularis.
WHERE WILL YOU FIND DUPIXENT IN TEXAS?
Dupixent Injections are prescribed for Eczema, if you want to get treatment for Type B Diabetes condition or learn more about Dupixent in and around Texas, contact Specialty Care Clinics.
Dupixent is available in different branches of Specialty Care Clinics in Texas
Our healthcare professional team will diagnose your condition, give treatment accordingly and prescribe you Dupixent if required.
Our team will guide you about Dupixent so you can make proper use of the medicine.
Check out the ‘ Our Location ‘ section of the Specialty Care Clinics website to find the nearest clinic in texas.
DO NOT USE DUPIXENT IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS
- Do not use it if you are allergic to dupilumab or any other ingredient in Dupixent.
Talk to your doctor about all medical conditions before using Dupixent if you are suffering from:
- Eye Problem
- Parasitic (helminth) Infection
- Do not take “live vaccines” immediately before and during treatment with Dupixent.
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is not known if Dupixent will harm an unborn baby.
WHAT ARE THE SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS OF DUPIXENT?
Allergic Reactions: Dupixent can cause allergic reactions, which can be serious. Stop using Dupixent and call or seek medical attention immediately if you notice any of the following signs or symptoms: rate, fever, hives, or joint pain.
Eye Problems: See your doctor if you have new or worsening eye problems like eye pain or vision change or blurred vision.
Joint aches and pain: Some people who intake Dupixent have had trouble walking or moving because of joint problems, also in a few cases needed to be hospitalized. Tell your doctor about any new or worsening joint problems. Your healthcare provider may tell you to stop Dupixent if you develop joint symptoms.
Inflammation of blood vessels: Rarely, this can occur in asthma patients receiving Dupixent. This can occur in someone who is also taking an oral corticosteroid that has been discontinued or reduced in dose. It is unknown if this is due to Dupixent.
Call your doctor right away if you have a skin rash, chest pain, increased shortness of breath, tingling or numbness in your arms or legs, or persistent fever.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS OF DUPIXENT?
- Prurigo nodularis
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyposis
- Atopic Dermatitis
WHAT IS THE PRICE OF DUPIXENT?
As with all medicines, the price of Dupixent can fluctuate. Some of the factors that can affect the price of the Dupixent injections may include:
- Your treatment plan
- Your insurance plan
- The pharmacy you use
- Whether Dupixent has a savings program
Contact your doctor, pharmacist, or insurance company to find out how much your Dupixent injection will cost.