EVERYDAY FOOT CARE
Your feet support you all your life, literally! It’s only fair that you take care of your feet every day.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to take care of your feet. Let’s see what you can do to make sure that your feet are pampered.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR FEET EVERY DAY?
- Check your feet for cuts, sores, infected toenails & any other wounds.
- Clean your feet with warm water every day.
- Moisturize your feet with foot cream or lotion but don’t apply it between your toes to keep away foot fungus.
- Don’t use tight shoes which can hurt your feet.
- Trim your toenails and make sure that there are no ingrown toenails.
- If you wear heels regularly, wear shoes with different heel heights to protect your Achilles tendons.
- If your feet smell, use a mixture of vinegar & water to soak your feet into.
- Wear shoes that support your feet arches.
- If you are pregnant, your shoes need to be broad-heeled & shock-absorbing.
- Diabetic people should have regular foot checkups with an expert podiatrist.
- Don’t share your shoes with anyone else because it can lead to foot infections.
- Get a foot massage from a loved one or a pedicurist.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A PERFECT SHOE?
- The back part of your shoes should be broad enough for the balls of your feet.
- Your feet should not feel cramped in your shoes.
- Make sure your shoes are not too loose.
- Don’t wear high heels frequently. If you have to wear them for work attire, buy shoes that have short & broad heels.
- Your running shoes should be replaced every year.
- Check your sandals for any broken straps or loose soles.
- If you wear bad shoes, it can cause foot problems in the future. Some of these are – corns, calluses, blisters & ingrown toenails.
Sometimes, the skin on your heels can get tough and scaly. To smoothen it, use a pumice stone.
If you or anyone you know is suffering from foot problems like ingrown toenails, calluses, and more, please consult our expert podiatrists.