BEWARE OF CONTAGIOUS COVID-19 VIRUSES
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) is functioning very closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in response to the novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) which has caused a massive explosion of respiratory illness across the globe formulating COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees.
It is a known fact that prevention is always a better alternative rather than a cure. A stitch in time saves nine. Prevention of COVID-19 is the most resorted option pursued by doctors, health professionals, and specialists. Vaccination is the perfect tool that has been fetched by world health specialists to safeguard people and communities from COVID-19. Since the COVID-19 vaccination commenced, most of the Texas COVID-19 deaths are being witnessed among people who have failed to get fully vaccinated. There are multiple variants and precautions to be taken for COVID-19 concerning COVID-19 workplace guidelines osha.
You are required to be entirely vaccinated almost two weeks after your second dose of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine addressing to the COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees.
Similar to any vaccine, COVID-19 vaccines are not in a perfect disposition to stop a hundred percent of cases. But there is less risk for fully vaccinated people as far as the infection is concerned. Fully vaccinated people are in a better protection zone from severe illness, hospitalization as well as death rate. But notwithstanding COVID-19 vaccines are one of the crucial precautions to be taken for COVID-19.
You are required to adopt and take these precautions to be taken for COVID-19 mentioned below to safeguard yourself as well as others from infection and subsequent illness.
A basic precaution is the use of masks which safeguards and protects everyone. CDC has recently updated its mask guidance awareness for fully vaccinated people and the exact timing about when they should get tested. Wearing a mask in indoor public areas irrespective of your vaccination status can assist you and everyone who is in contact with you.The mask recommendations of the State and the CDC are applicable for schools, public transportation as well as allied healthcare settings. Some businesses might possess mask preferences for their employees as well as customers as regards COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees.
Wearing a Mask Properly: For proper use of masks concerning COVID-19 workplace guidelines osha :
- Ensure that your mask covers your nose, mouth, and chin
- Your hands are clean before and after you put your mask on and take it off whenever you happen to touch it at any time.
- Whenever you take off your mask, you are required to store it in a clean plastic bag and every day either wash it in case of a fabric mask or dispose of it in a trash bin in case of a medical-surgical mask.
- You need to avoid using masks with valves.
As per the COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees, these daily actions are required to be followed stringently to assist in safeguarding the outbreak of any respiratory virus consisting of COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask is the utmost health-conscious ritual that one can follow in the present scenario. There is a myth that if you are vaccinated then there is no further need of wearing a mask. But in reality, despite being vaccinated or not wearing a mask in indoor public spaces is crucial to help everyone who happens to come into your contact. These are some of the significant precautions to be taken for COVID-19.
- Regular and frequent washing of hands often for a minimum period of twenty seconds is a fundamental preventive measure that one can adopt in these pandemic times. Similarly, you are required to encourage others to wash their hands as well as maintain basic hygiene. Use of hand sanitizer with a minimum of sixty percent of alcohol is preferable in the absence of soap and water.
- You need to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
- You must avoid touching your eyes, nose, as well as a mouth with unwashed hands.
- You need to diligently disinfect surfaces, buttons, handles, knobs, and other allied places of frequent touch and contact.
- Follow social distancing by staying six feet apart from others even when you work.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are sick at your workplace.
With respect to COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees, it is advisable to follow and adopt the DSHS recommendations.
DSHS recommends that you follow the stringent rituals of social distancing religiously. Social distancing involves staying away from other people to avoid catching or spreading contagious illnesses such as COVID-19. It seems to be a fancy term for avoiding crowds as well as reducing physical contact. This could imply avoiding concerts or weddings or seminars or skipping the physical handshake and or staying at a minimum distance of six feet away from others even while you work. Social distancing has become a pivotal measure among the precautions to be taken for COVID-19
HOW TO KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS SAFE: JUST DO IT
It is your moral and ethical responsibility to protect yourself and those around you from the clutches of this pandemic especially while you are working. You need to bear in mind the following precautions and cautious measures to be taken for COVID-19 before entering your workplace:
- You are required to get vaccinated as soon as possible for you when your turn comes and follow local guidance and protocol on vaccination.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least one meter from others while working even if they don’t appear to seem sick. Try to avoid crowds and close contact.
- You have to wear a properly fitted mask when physical distancing is not feasible and when you have to work in poorly ventilated settings.
- You have to maintain clean hands quite often with the use of alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- You need to adopt a protocol of covering your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Disposal of these used tissues immediately must be followed and hands must be kept clean regularly.
- If you find yourself developing symptoms or turning positive for COVID-19, then self-isolation must have resorted until your overall recovery.
All these precautionary measures act as remedial measures in the wake of COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees.
MAINTAINING A SAFER WORK ENVIRONMENT
The threats of getting infected by COVID-19 are higher in crowded as well as poorly ventilated spaces where infected people spend longer periods together nearby. Massive explosions of this contagious virus have been reported in places where people gather in workplaces quite frequently in crowded indoor settings and where they converse and talk loudly, shout, breathe heavily in-office meetings and related client discussions. At the same time, you need to subsequently adhere to COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees.
HOW CAN YOU ENSURE A SAFER WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT?
- You are required to shun the three C’s, office spaces that are Closed, Crowded, or engaged Close contact as regards precautions to be taken for COVID-19.
- You are required to meet people, especially customers outside. Outdoor gatherings are much safer as compared to indoor ones, specifically when indoor spaces are small and fail to have outdoor air coming inside the spaces.
- If it becomes indispensable for you to conduct your office meeting in an indoor setting and a crowded scenario then you must take the following subsequent precautions to be taken for COVID-19:
- Open a window to raise the proportion and quantum of natural ventilation and rise in the oxygen levels when seated indoors.
- Do not forget or procrastinate by wearing a mask. Not wearing a mask can cause you and your family serious and fatal damage.
Maintenance of sound and commendable hygiene precautions to be taken for COVID-19:
- By adopting appropriate, sound, and commendable respiratory hygiene you would be in a better position to safeguard yourself as well as the people surrounded by you from dreadful viruses that lead to colds, flu as well as COVID-19. To attain sound and commendable personal hygiene you need to:
- Frequently and thoroughly rinse and clean your hands with either an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water. This reduces the thriving of germs that may exist on your hands consisting of variant viruses.
- You need to be vigilant as far as covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow in your daily routine and professional etiquettes and precautions to be taken for COVID-19. On the other hand, you can very well use a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then you must dispose of the used tissue immediately into a closed bin and hygienically wash your hands.
- You are supposed to be diligently cleaning and disinfecting surfaces quite often, specifically those which are periodically touched or come across contact such as door handles, faucets as well as phone screens as a protective measure concerning COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IN CASE YOU FEEL UNWELL?
If you feel sick or encounter flu-like symptoms then you must act accordingly about COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees:
- If you are suffering from fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing then you are required to strictly seek professional medical attention promptly. You need to call by telephonic medium first and then follow the subsequent directions of your local health authority.
- You must remain fully aware of the range of symptoms of COVID-19 as a precaution to be taken for COVID-19. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, dry cough, tiredness as well as loss of taste or smell. Less common symptoms consist of aches and pains, headache, sore throat, red or irritated eyes, diarrhea, a skin rash or discoloration of the fingers or toes.
- The best means and resort is to stay at home by opting out of the work from home option and alternative for office work. You must self-isolate yourself for at least ten days right from symptom onset, moreover, self-isolation and social distancing must be stringently followed even three days after the symptoms cease as a precaution to be taken for COVID-19.
- You need to get in touch with your healthcare provider or hotline for medical advice and assistance. You need to possess some outside assistance for bringing you daily and routine supplies and deliveries such as groceries, medicines and so on.
- If you have to leave your house on an urgent priority or you are near someone then wear an aptly fitted mask to avoid the infection spreading to others and in the surroundings obliging COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees.
You must take the moral as well as the ethical responsibility to keep yourself updated on the latest information about COVID-19 from trusted sources such as WHO or your local as well as national health authorities. Local and national authorities, as well as public health units, are the perfect guiding instruments to advise on what people in your vicinity must be responding to COVID-19 in an endeavor to safeguard themselves. This advice must be followed with utmost dedication and commitment. As working professionals they are the bread earners of their families and the youth generation is the asset of the nation. These practices would encourage as well as stimulate the organized follow-up of COVID-19 workplace guidelines for employees.
Call us on (469) 545-9983 to book an appointment with our specialists.