WHAT IS KNEE PAIN?
With aging, knee pain also becomes a problem in people’s lifestyles. However, in some cases, your knee may need surgery. Sometimes, it happens that the knee gets hurt while walking, getting up or down the stairs. In particular, players have to deal more with knee injuries.
Although knee injury is not a serious issue, sometimes the injury is so deep that it requires knee pain medication. At the same time, some people also have knee pain due to arthritis. Let us know through this article what is the cause of your knee pain and how it can be prevented.
CAUSE OF KNEE PAIN
Knee pain can have many causes, some of which require medical treatment, while some get better with some care and rest. Let us know about some important reasons behind knee pain
As we have already told you that sometimes knee pain can be due to a simple process such as a serious injury, swelling in the knees. But if we talk about other reasons, then they can be serious.
If the body weight is more and the knee muscles are weak then knee pain occurs. For this, go on a daily walk, if possible, run. Also do regular yoga.
- When the lubricant is low:
The cause of pain in the joints of the body is the lack of lubricant from the body, which is a fluid due to which it is easy to move the joints, if it is lacking, then there is pain in the knees
- Excessive physical work:
Even if you have run excessively during your youth or have been a player of any sport like running, football, cricket or hockey etc., then even after a time, the knees become swollen and they start hurting. Apart from this, many people do more treadmill and cycling in the gym than necessary, thinking it will reduce weight but later it becomes the cause of severe knee pain. That’s why it is said time and again that if you do any work more than necessary, it gives trouble.
CAUSE OF ARTHRITIS
Arthritis is also caused by excessive sitting, work, less movement, obesity, less exposure to sunlight, consumption of junk food and vitamin D deficiency. Initially, the patient has knee pain and difficulty in walking, but when the problem progresses, the patient becomes difficult to walk. Knee problems usually start in women from the age of 40, while in men this problem starts at an older age.
90 percent of women have vitamin D deficiency
About 90 percent of Indian women are deficient in vitamin D, which is important for controlling bone metabolism. If there is knee pain and stiffness in the knee and there is a sound in the knees when walking, then arthritis has started. If the problem starts, then the way of sitting should be changed. As it progresses, it becomes difficult to bend the knees. There can also be deformities in the knee. These are the three main reasons due to which pain in knees mainly exist.
OTHER CAUSES FOR KNEE PAIN
- Osteoarthritis: In this condition, the condition of the knees starts getting worse, due to which they are unable to function properly.
- Bone tumours: Osteosarcoma cancer, the second most common bone cancer, occurs most commonly in the knees.
- Gout: This is a form of arthritis, which is caused by the build-up of uric acid and it causes pain in the feet or knees.
- Tendinitis: This is characterized by pain in the front of the knee, which gets worse when climbing stairs and walking.
- Bursitis: This condition arises when you have any type of injury or inflammation.A bursa is a fluid-filled sac under the skin and over the joints. This pouch acts as a cushion for the bones.
- Dislocation: A dislocation or dislocation of a bone joint is called a dislocation, a dislocation of the upper knee often caused by trauma.
- Meniscus tear: One or more wear and tear in the knee cartilage, which causes constant pain in your knee.Joint pain occurs when one or more of the cartilages (the hard and flexible tissue found in the joints) break.
- Baker’s cyst: Synovial fluid builds up in the knee joint, which prevents the joints from rubbing against each other. When this fluid builds up in excess, it starts collecting in the back of the knee, due to which the knee swells and the sufferer feels uncomfortable.
- Patellar tendinitis: This affects the front part of the knee. Due to this there is severe pain in the knee and it becomes difficult to climb and descend the stairs.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: This problem occurs when the immune system in the body is damaged. In this, joint pain and swelling of the knee have to be faced. Simultaneously, the joints start rubbing together.
- Dislocation: Pain can also occur due to movement or dislocation of the joint from its place.
- Rigidity of ligaments: Due to their rupture due to injury, there is also pain in the knees and joints. Ligaments are a type of flexible tissue that holds joints together.
- Infection in the knee: The condition of pain may persist even if there is an infection in the knee.
SYMPTOMS OF KNEE PAIN
Knee pain is not a disease rather it can be a symptom of the causes of knee pain mentioned above. However, due to this, the following situations may have to be faced, which may be as follows
- There may be swelling in the knee.
- Numbness of the affected area.
- Feeling of tingling.
- Extreme difficulty in getting up.
- Feeling of stiffness in the knee.
- Redness on the knee and heat to touch.
- Inability to fully straighten the knee.
- Fever may also occur in some cases
- Swelling and stiffness.
- Feeling weak or unsteady.
- poaching or crunching noise
- Inability to fully straighten the knee.
- Difficulty walking or turning
WHEN SHOULD I GO TO THE DOCTOR?
- When you cannot bear weight on your knee or feel like your knee is becoming unstable.
- Being unable to fully bend or bring your knee into any position.
- In case your foot or knee becomes a different shape.
- During severe knee pain.
TIPS TO BEAR IN MIND IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM KNEE PAIN
- Do not exercise during pain.
- If your knees are hurting and you are adopting any home remedy, then note that you should avoid adopting these methods daily. Because sometimes these tips go in vain for you. This is because your knees are caused by something else and these methods can aggravate your problem.
- Don’t let your weight increase when you have knee problems.
- Before taking part in any sport, know whether your bone or muscle is ready for that sport.
- Avoid getting frequent knee massages.
- Do not try to forcefully bend or jerk the knees.
KNEE PAIN DOS AND DON’TS
- Knee pain this COVID
There has been an increase in the number of arthritis patients during the lockdown caused by Covid-19. The problem of knee pain has been seen more in women and men during lockdown as compared to normal days. Follow these steps to get relief from knee and joint pain. Due to poor lifestyle habits, less movement, frequent sitting habits while working from home have increased in people due to arthritis.
- Problems caused by knee and joint pain
Due to knee and joint pain, there may be difficulty in walking, especially climbing stairs. Arthritis is the main cause of knee pain. For this, the way of getting up and sitting is also responsible to a great extent. Small things in routine life can increase knee pain. There is often a need to sit with knees bent and cross. Sitting and folding legs puts pressure on the knee, which increases the risk of knee damage at an early age. Although its effects are not visible immediately, with increasing age, knee problem
- Exercise can help with knee pain
Static quadriceps exercises, cycling and swimming are the three best home remedies for knee pain for patients in the early stages of the disease. The best way to avoid this problem is exercise. Exercise keeps the muscles of the joints strong, maintains their flexibility and helps the joints with them.