To know the importance of primary care, first, we have to understand what is primary care.
WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF PRIMARY CARE?
Primary care can be defined as day-to-day healthcare services given by healthcare providers. Basically, the primary care provider acts as the first contact and principal point of continuing care for patients within a healthcare system and coordinates with other care specialists too.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN PRIMARY CARE?
Various services are covered under primary care including but not limited to wellness checkups, yearly examinations, and the treatment of flu, strep throat, cold, and other common illness. Primary care also comprised the diagnosis of less common illnesses through conversation and examination. Primary care also includes cancer screenings, vaccinations, allergy tests, etc.
- Health Counseling – Health counseling helps one to change unhealthy behaviors how discover inner strength and listen to one’s subconscious mind to achieve short-term and long-term health goals. Health counseling is also known as wellness coaching and health coaching.
- High or Low Blood Pressure- Anyone especially, in the old age group people needs a regular check-up of blood sugar and blood pressure (both high and low blood pressure). If a measuring instrument is not available at home then a primary care physician is the best or fastest source for a blood pressure check-up. If anyone has any kind of issue then any general primary care physician checks blood pressure before proceeding to other tests.
- Pain- Pain is an uncomfortable feeling. It can be throbbing, steady aching, pinching, or described in many other ways. Sometimes, it’s just a small inconvenience, like a mild headache.
- Cancer screenings – Determining the best cancer screening rule is one of the most important and challenging preventive care tasks in primary care. The main aim of cancer screening is to detect cancer before its symptoms appear. Cancer screening involves different types of tests including blood tests, urine tests, medical imaging, etc.
- Diabetes screenings- Diabetes screening includes simple testing of blood sugar. Diabetesis a disease that occurs when blood sugar or blood glucose is too high.
- Medication prescriptions – A medical prescription can be defined as a prescription or formal communication from a primary care physician or other registered healthcare professional to a pharmacist.
- Immunizations – Immunization can be defined as the process in which an individual’s immune system becomes secure against an infectious agent.
- Wound care – Wound care in primary care includes the providing of first treatment to the patient on immediate bases.
- Bronchitis- Bronchitis is a disease of the lungs that causes cough, chest pain, and shortness of breath. Primary care physicians help patients to overcome the symptoms of this disease.
- Sore throat – A sore throat is a condition of pain, dryness, irritation, and scratchy feeling anywhere in the throat. Pain gets worsens when one swallows.
- Nasal congestion – Definition of nasal congestion is when nasal tissues, adjacent tissues, and blood vessels are swollen with excess fluid, causing a “stuffy” plugged feeling.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OR NEED OF PRIMARY CARE?
Primary care is indeed very important. Research shows that access to primary care is related to positive health outcomes. We SCC as a Primary care provider offers a usual source of care, early detection, and treatment of disease, chronic disease management, and preventive care.
Most of the time when a doctor is practicing a particular part of the body their field of vision becomes narrow. For example, a neurologist can only treat a neurological condition or a cardiologist will first understand the cardiac cause of the problem.
A general physician is a kind of jack of all trades, they see a patient and think of differential diagnoses in all directions, while a specialist doctor has a habit of looking in one direction only.
A primary care physician is essential to help an individual navigate to good health and stay healthy; prevent disease by identifying risk factors; coordinate and manage chronic disease care for longevity and a better quality of life.
Primary care is the routine health care and treatment of general illness that promote a patient’s wellbeing and fitness. Generalized medicine ensures that people are on the right track to having a high-quality and healthy life. Primary care is the first step of defense against illness, chronic conditions, and injury.
Primary care is typically provided by an internist within the healthcare system. Depending on the age or need for treatment, you may consult with a team of doctors who monitor the current health condition and advise on a treatment plan going forward. Some patients may even book an appointment with a physician’s assistant on the available resources at their medical facility or clinic.
As humans age and their lifestyles change, so does their entire health structure. Primary care doctors help the patients to maintain their health journey through better equipment to monitor them regularly. Routine checkups can help to remove sudden health issues by detecting early warning signs. During each regular visit, temperature, blood pressure, and chronic conditions get evaluated. A primary care physician or specialist can compare results with previous results to ensure health and fitness.
The long-term benefits of primary care are doctor-patient relationships and the complete medical history of the patient. If something suddenly happened with blood work, one experiences a sudden gain or drop in weight, or another odd change may occur, one can consult with the primary care doctor and address the problem faster than anyone could by scheduling an appointment as a new patient with a random general practitioner or doctor.
Patients who see primary care physicians on the regular have better health conditions and more reliable access to beneficial health care plans.
As we understand the importance of primary care. Our experts at Specialty Care Clinics are always there to help you to access primary care. Our specialist provides you with the best primary care facilities. If anyone of you needs primary care facility, connect with us at 469-545-9983